Friday, March 07, 2008

If I only had a brain ~ The Scarecrow


Much ado has been made recently of titleholders and their political opinions or support for certain candidates. Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I am a hard and fast Democrat with many opinions myself about politics and the world we now live in. As an advisor to a few of these outspoken young women (some who also happen to be outspoken bloggers), I have to say I am very proud of the fact that they aren't afraid to speak their minds and they can support their viewpoints with substance, even if I don't personally agree with what they say or how they feel. It definitely makes for spirited discussions, and pretty amazing prep. What my point is, is that you don't have to have a brain transplant to win Miss Local, Miss State or Miss America. Judges, EDs and board members may tell you that you should steer clear of certain subjects if they're controversial or if your answers are controversial. Don't do it. Stay true to you, no matter what others tell you to do, say, or think. You do have a brain and it didn't come from some wizard behind the curtain.

No comments: