Monday, May 19, 2008

Full-figured Whitney wins America's Next Top Model! Could a full-figured Miss America be far behind?

Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a HUGE America's Next Top Model fan. This year, I have been pulling for Whitney from the very beginning. She not only embodies beauty, but more importantly, a confidence that is lacking in many fuller-figured women. I was ecstatic when she pulled off the big win, and I think it is sending an extremely important message to young women about body image and acceptance. Noone can deny that this girl is hot! Could the MAO be as accepting of a girl like Whitney? Time will tell, but my hope is that this event will be the catalyst for the change that is necessary to stop the madness of crazy dieting and ridiculous amounts of exercise that some of these young ladies partake in to become what's considered "attractive", by pageant standards.

No comments: