Monday, July 07, 2008

And finally, Finals Night

I really had mixed feelings Saturday about not attending that evening, but I felt my job had been done, and with the Coronation Ball following the crowning, I wouldn't have been able to see the girls anyway. So instead I had two of my favorite formers over, Maynan and Lexi. I didn't start getting nervous until right before Top Ten was announced. I was thrilled for Jillian since she'd taken so much heat on the voyboards and Andrea, since she felt she had something to prove. No, she wasn't a fluke. You both showed the naysayers! I was ecstatic for Katie since this was her first trip to Miss Ohio. All of the excitment was tinged with a little sadness, as Amy had worked so hard to get there and do well, and although she didn't make the cut, my sadness was quickly replaced with pride in how well she had represented herself. Especially considering that she didn't have much other help. Each girl did her absolute best, and I couldn't have hoped for more for them. I felt in my heart that one of them would become Miss Ohio, but some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

No comments: