Friday, June 20, 2008

Preliminary Night Three


Tonight was Katie's night to shine elegantly onstage in the Evening Gown competition. I'm really happy with Katie's gown. Sherri Hill has some beautiful designs and this one is just such a great choice for her. She had a hard time choosing between a couple of colors and either would have been great, but I'm glad she chose to go with the red. Katie couldn't have done a better job. She looked amazing and just floated across the stage. Woohoo!

I was really anticipating talent tonight. I knew that both Andrea and Jillian knew their respective routines/songs, but the wait is always nervewracking. Andrea was up first and I knew if she came out and hit the first phrase well, she'd do great. And she did. I think it was probably the best she's ever performed "I want more" and I couldn't have been happier. She was really able to work her dress and choreography better so the visual was very pleasing and I felt she'd done exactly what she needed to do to get the job done. Jillian decided to go with her standby, "Drums", although she did change many of the moves from the original dance. Her new costume looked incredible and those 40 gross of stones shimmered and shined like crazy. She hit every mark and I really felt that she would get that opportunity to perform it again Saturday night.

The swimsuit competition followed and I knew Amy was a little nervous, but she's never looked better and I felt she was going to score well. We had Salwa re-do the blue detailing so it was secure and take it in a little and boy am I glad we did. Her suit fit perfectly and she had me convinced! She worked what the good Lord gave her and I couldn't have been more proud.

Katie got to finish up the night in OSQ. She came out looking stupendous in her Calvin Klein dress we found online, and got exactly the question we had anticipated. We had the chance to talk earlier in the day and come up with a couple little pearls to use and outstandingly enough, was able to use one of them to finish out her question. It was like butta! What a way to end the week! I felt like it really went out on a high note and I was convinced that the girls would be competing on Saturday night. Totally satisfying.

No comments: